Monday, July 28, 2008

Indian Summer Sky



So this will be my very first blogpost here. I intend this to be the place where I first put up my new oilpaintings and other art before it shows up on my website. The website is in needs of a serious update since it mostly consists of drawings and watercolors from my late teenage years. So until then you will see it here.

Since last summer I´ve taken up the oilpainting again and I have been painting all summer as well as doing some renovating of the apartment. Still have a month left before I start my job as an intern at an architecture office here in Stockholm. It will be very exciting to see what the real work life is like and hopefully I will still be able to do some painting on the side!

This is my latest piece that I finished yesterday. I was inspired by the dryness and heat of the late months of summer, crickets singing in the sunburnt fields. At the moment I call it "Indian Summer Sky" after the colors used.

Indian Red
Indian Yellow
Greenish Umber
Raw Umber
Ivory Black
Titanium White

The paint isn´t really dry yet so when taking pictures there are a few strange reflections, so I will have to update the photo later!

2 comments:

Lily Pang said...

Welcome to the blog world!

This is beautiful! I love the indian red.

Nina Aidas said...

Thank you Lily! :)